Excerpts from my Journal | 06

Friday, December 23, 2016



I spend a lot of time alone in my head, which I'm starting to think might not be all that good of an idea for someone like me. But, my god! this time of the year! I always feel as though I just lose the tiniest bit of footing on life, my thinking, my future.

++

This will be my sixth Christmas in Las Vegas. From the very beginning there has been a sort of quiet understanding that I'll feel the first pangs of homesickness around the 20th, as Christmas looks closer. But it isn't until Christmas Eve -- when I'm surrounded by family who has only known me for these six years, with people I feel like I still know so little about, but who have welcomed me into their world with open arms -- that the full weight of everything comes down on me.

I don't feel as though Kitchener is home anymore, but on Christmas Eve, my heart forgets all that and aches in a way it never could the other three hundred and sixty-four days of the year.

It aches like it hasn't forgotten how far I've come and all that I've left behind ... even if I have.

++ 

Yesterday morning was one of those mornings you need to write about because it was perfect in its simplicity. There was sex and breakfast and reading and coffee enjoyed before going cold and I never wanted it to end.

++

I want to write so badly, can feel the itch in my fingers, but I worry that I have nothing left to say.

++ 

Thanks for reading,
rdg

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe