A Prologue Peek

Thursday, July 09, 2015

I've been quiet, but for good reason. To quote Suzy: "So, I'm writing a book."

It has flown out of me so organically that I almost can't believe it's nearly complete. To say that I'm one to start stories and never finish them is an understatement; and that is why, even if this book never sees the light of day, it will always be a huge accomplishment for me.

Soon, I will be editing... and that scares me more than writing this book ever has, because I'm afraid to look at it so closely that I could find holes. Though, I suppose that's the whole purpose to editing.

All of this is to say that I'll certainly come up for air soon. Until then, here are some words that I strung together to begin my book:


They weren’t always this way.

In fact, Lily and Thomas Gardner used to be happy. The kind of happy that made most people envious, sick to their stomachs, or likely some combination of the two.

Thomas was the first man Lily had ever deemed worthy to let all the way in to her life. Before him she had known only liars and cheats, boyfriends who worked too much or too little and didn’t know a healthy relationship from a hole in the wall.

The intensity in which Thomas pursued her in the beginning made her weak in the knees. All the flowers, the expensive dinners, the opening and closing of car doors, the intense eye contact, and texts throughout the day all culminated in one thing: her absolute undoing.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So glad you were able to get out of your writing slump. Looks like you found the right kind of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe