The Half-Up Knot: Yay or Nay?

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

I'm really not a trendy person. There may be some styles that come and go that I fall in love with (hellloooo super flared jeans I will always love you!), but overall, I dress in clothes that make me feel good and do my hair in ways that hopefully make me look more put together than I really am.

The half-up knot. I've gone back and forth with this one, friends. I see some women who can absolutely rock in, and then see it look terrible on others. Look it up on pinterest and you'll see a lot of photos of women that fall in to both camps.

Well. I gave it a shot yesterday and honestly, I can't make a decision either way, which is where you come in. Yay, or nay to my version of the half-up knot?



You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Looks cute. It would look cute when you wear your hair curly too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes I will have to try it with my curly hair :)

      Delete
  2. I think you gotta wear it more on top of your head- that's what the "trendy" girls are doing. And you don't keep your part, you brush it back. Or at least that's what I've seen. I want to try it too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hence why I said it was "my take" on the trend :)

      Delete
  3. This is how I'd wear my hair when I was in elementary school. I LOVED IT. I called it a "plum tree" which is weird and inexplicable. Personally, I can't STAND wearing my hair down (too hot), but I don't think it looks bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always look cute! So there's not doubt there. I love top knots in any style, top knots all the way! I have really thick and getting longer hair, so having it on top of my head seems to even me out.

    I see more half top knots on the Bohemia types and it always looks amazing. I'm going to have to try it and see what I think.

    But if you're going to top knot it Rachel, go higher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I tried it higher and it looks ridiculous because of the hair part. I think if I do it, it will have to be like how I did it in these photos, which I get isn't a "REAL" top knot :)

      Delete
  5. Oh I like it! Would also love to see it with your hair curled as well. Do you ever side part? Might shake it up a bit, but still look great with the lower knot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hacked 8 inches off my hair and this is the only way it goes up anymore so I've decided, since the internet told me it was a thing, I'm rolling with it. Its adorable on you, btw! We will be twinsies whenever you wear it because it's definitely my new go-to!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe