Oh Hey

Friday, March 11, 2016


I've been blogging here and there -- yes -- but not really about anything too personal. I haven't really even been saying much over on instagram either. The truth is that I've been spending a lot of time thinking -- and a lot of time writing in my journal -- about what I really want my life to look like.

I have this bad habit of being pessimistic about most things. I laugh about it now, but I used to always say 'I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist', which was really just an excuse for me to think negatively about something. Well, I'm tired of it, I really am. It's exhausting and it's taking away from my life.

I've been listening (and devouring) everything having to do with Pimpin' Joy week on the Bobby Bones show and they had said something weeks ago that really stuck with me. It sounds simple -- maybe too simple -- but maybe that's why I like it so much.

Every day is a good day.

I'm going to repeat that.

Every day is a good day.

If my writing isn't flowing the way I want it to and I'm feeling defeated, I'm shaking it off and saying, out loud, every day is a good day. If Dom comes home from a frustrating day of work and I begin to feel his attitude rubbing off on me, I'm stopping and saying, out loud, every day is a good day. On those mornings that DJ wakes upset at 5:20am and I'm exhausted because I didn't sleep well, I'm rubbing the sleep from my eyes and saying, out loud, every day is a good day.

It might end up being an incredible day, or maybe a difficult one, but I'm working on beginning my days with just a little more joy. With just a little more positivity. Because this one life that I've been given is incredible, and I don't want to spend another day thinking otherwise.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Would you be willing to do a post about HOW you've been thinking about what you really want your life to look like? I've been wanting to do the same, but haven't known where to start. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I would have much of an answer for you there, Sandra. I suppose I've just been journalling my thoughts about it and not focusing much on the HOW.

      Delete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe