APRIL READING LIST.

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

So, I've been bad about posting my book lists each month. When the writing is flowing, everything else seems to fall to the wayside. But I'm not complaining one....tiny... bit. I'm actually surprised that I got through four books (and started reading a fifth) this month.


As always, comment and let me know what you're reading, or what I should be reading. Or even what I should steer clear of.


1. STARTUP BY DOREE SHAFRIR

Startup is a novel based around the hyper-competitive tech startup market. A tech blogger uncovers a juicy secret and, well, most everything unravels from there. This was such a funny, topical book. I found myself nodding along, or groaning in embarrassed agreement. And let's not forget about the strong women at the core of the novel—you’ve got to love that. 


2. REVELRY BY KANDI STEINER

I could have devoured this book, but chose instead to read it slowly. To savor it. To really enjoy it. And I'm so glad I did. I loved this book. No surprise there! Kandi Steiner remains one of my favorite authors these days, and REVELRY is a perfect example of why.

"He was trying to figure out my story--who I was, why I was there. And I'd have told him, but I didn't know myself."

Whether or not I could relate to the fact that she was going through a divorce, Wren is an incredibly relatable character and I found myself rooting for her from the very first page. And as usual--I wasn't disappointed.



3. WHEN YOU FIND OUT THE WORLD IS AGAINST YOU BY KELLY OXFORD

Read this one quite quickly because I couldn't not. Witty, clever and so relevant. And man did she make me miss Canada!


4. ALL AT SEA BY BECCA AITKENHEAD

I really enjoyed All At Sea by Decca Aitkenhead. Though heartbreaking, it left me feeling grateful for and in awe of my life and the little family I have built. A great reminder for those of us who are just going through the motions every day instead of truly living.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe