On Figuring Things Out

Wednesday, May 09, 2012


I've been living in my head these past few weeks, consumed by anything and everything... until yesterday when it just kind of... clicked.

My mind is full of clutter.

And what do you do with clutter? You sort through it and get rid of what you don't need, careful to shelve anything of importance.

For too long now I have had this idea of what my life should look like, and this idea has been far too heavily influenced by the blogs that I read and the photos that I look at every single day.

Well, no more.

I'm taking a break. Stepping back. Rethinking things, and then rethinking them all over again.

I'll be back, eventually. Until then, only my journal knows.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. With the rise of the online world it gets harder and harder to not develop a sense of 'what life should be' based on what we read and see. "Keeping up with the Joneses" is a much more prevalent attitude than ever before, because now it is not only a matter of what your friends and neighbors have and do, but it's also what everyone you read about on blogs, or see in photos, have and do. It doesn't always apply to material things either. Sometimes it might be the need to feel creative because others around you are doing so many creative things. Or it could be that you read or see so many people with interesting career choices, or excelling just in life in general, etc. Master your self first, find clarity, find reality, and you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally write things out and talk things out with people. I have them keep me accountable by asking if they can put an alert in their calendar a month from that day to ask me if anything has changed in my life. Puts the pressure on! also, I literally purge things... if I feel overwhelmed at home -- it's usually because I have so much stuff surrounding me I feel like I can't get work done... too many distractions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. make other accountable... I like that idea :)

      Delete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe