DJ's nursery reveal

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

i'm SO excited to finally be revealing the full nursery (though i kind of already did yesterday in my project life | week 9 post!). anyways, after a lot of hard work, diy-ing and searching for the perfect rug and paper straws to add a pop of color, the room is complete.

now we are just waiting for the baby to fill it!













i really put a lot of thought into every aspect of the room, and i love that everyone seemed to have pitched in somehow, whether it was my father-in-law painting the room, dom putting together the crib, my mom and aunt sewing the curtains, me making the crib skirt, our friends providing the adorable artwork above the shelves, aunts buying the worlds softest elephant stuff animal and baby blanket, and all of the great hand-me-down shoes, toys, books and clothes that we have received. it's as though there is a piece of everyone in this room.

i really couldn't be more happy with how it turned out, and i can't wait to hear what you all think of it!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Yesssss! I've been looking forward to this reveal. Looks great! I love the gray, black and white with pops of color, especially the changing table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful room! I can feel the love that went into this - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, mama! so excited for you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this room is amazing! It looks huge! I love how open and light + bright it is. The muted tones with the pops of color and patterns looks great, and I love those bookcases! I instantly noticed the framed wedding photos on the center bookcase, and it reminded me of a study I once read that stated children who are surrounded by photos of their loved ones have higher self-esteem and confidence. Ever since I read that I've been very intentional about putting framed photos of my husband + I -- and also framed photos of relatives who live far away, like grandparents -- in the kids' rooms and bathroom and, of course, the rest of the rooms in the house. Love the way that you incorporated that here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "children who are surrounded by photos of their loved ones have higher self-esteem and confidence" really? i LOVE that, and am going to have to remember it!

      Delete
  5. You did a great job! Love the clean open space and all the white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it is so spacious and so incredibly beautiful! I adore the grey palette with the red as a pop of colour.
    Truly wonderful nursery you've created with your family.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so amazing! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing design, its fresh and oozing of style. Love the hint of red in the nursery. Will like to feature this nursery in our gallery of inspirational baby's room at www.babydeco.co.uk/gallery

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe