home office (in progress)

Sunday, December 15, 2013


I've always been one of those people who needs their space. You know, that spot that is only yours, where you can do whatever it is that you love to do.

When we first moved into this house back in October 2011, I claimed the loft area as mine.


And up until a few months ago, the loft space was where I worked. But once DJ came along, it was no longer convenient to have my space upstairs. I moved downstairs into the dining room area that we have never used, and I set up shop on a table that we were holding for my sister-in-law.

I fell in love with the open space, all the beautiful light from the two windows, and of course the convenience of my work space now actually feeling accessible.  Before long, we brought my desk down from the loft, and with a little ( a lot! ) of hard work, my husband installed a larger, square wood top on top of my current desk. And just like that, I now have room to scrapbook in my space as well.



I keep most of my project life supplies in the shelving behind my desk, along with my go-to camera gear (in the yellow bin on top) and opted to move the printer into my space as well.


It's still a work in progress as I need to get some artwork and what not up on the wall, but I wanted to show you all my space because I always love seeing the spaces that creatives carve out for themselves.

If you have shown us your workspace, please leave me a comment below with a link to where I can check it out!

Happy Sunday everyone!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love how light and bright your space is. Right now all I have is our dining table. In about 15 days I'm going to have an entire room to myself for the first time ever.

    How did you get the wood on top of your desk to stay there ? Is it loose or is it nailed down ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband didn't want to ruin the top of the existing desk in case down the line we decided to take the square piece off, so he used brackets to install the wood to the underside of the desk.

    You will have to show me your space that you get all to yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the large desk space and all that light! Perfect for working on things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing peoples home offices :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the white and light. I was just talking with a friend about workspaces and how mine is full of color and texture, even though I love the idea of a white space, it's just not what I end up using in my area. So funny. Here's mine from last year, it has changed a bit so maybe I will update this post: http://emeraldhomestead.com/workspace-in-the-yellow-room/

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe