THE BEST BOOKS I READ ALL YEAR (THE 2016 EDITION)

Wednesday, January 04, 2017


Here are (in my humble opinion) the best books I read in 2016, in no particular order:

IT ENDS WITH US by Colleen Hoover
There are only two books I've ever read that have made me cry, and It Ends With Us is one of them. It was brave and heartbreaking and glorious and absolutely unforgettable.

A LOVE LETTER TO WHISKEY by Kandi Steiner
If you've read A Love Letter To Whiskey, you know I don't even really need to explain why this was one of my favorite books I've read this year.

I LET YOU GO by Clare Mackintosh
I Let You Go was well written and had me staying up late for three nights reading it. It was engaging and kept me guessing for the most part (I will admit that some of it was predictable, but it's pretty much impossible NOT to have some predictability). That twist in the middle, though... that one got me :)

AFTER I DO by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Let me gush about the perfection of AFTER I DO for a moment. This book. This. Book. I felt as though I crawled into Ryan and Lauren's life. I felt their pain. I felt their frustrations and indifference and joy. I laughed. I cried. Oh how I cried!

A PLACE IN THE SUN by R.S. Grey
A Place In The Sun was romantic in a way that I haven't seen in quite some time. It wasn't the fastest paced, nor did it give you emotional whiplash ... but I was grateful for that. It was ... exactly what I needed it to be: light, funny, sweet and full of hope. R.S. Grey out did herself.

THE DREAMLAND SERIES by E.J. Mellow
I love when I pick up a book that I would usually pass by ... and love it. The first of the series, The Dreamer was one of those books. I'll be honest, I'm not usually one to read fantasy, but I gave this series a go and I was absolutely not disappointed. I will say this: buy all of the series in one go, because ending this one where it left off without having the next book was torture!

I absolutely loved this book. Such beautiful writing. I was on vacation when I read this and it couldn't have been more perfect.

What are the best books you read last year?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I haven't read any of these yet except for love letter to whisky (sigh, I got lost in her writing) so thank you for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe