living the length and the width

Wednesday, April 10, 2013



today i read something that struck me deep in my bones. i'm constantly amazed by moments like these: how you can be feeling something that you just can't put into words only to have someone else do it for you. ali edwards couldn't have said it better.

i want to be living the length and the width.

once you have children it's easy to say 'i used to be ________' or 'i used to do _______ more' and lose sight of who you are as an woman and an individual, and i mean, i'm only two weeks into the whole parenting thing. it's important to me that i still make time for myself and do things that i did before i became a mother. but i also want to do new things with my new family, and build new memories and traditions.

i want to be sure to live the length and the width.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I struggle with this on the daily. For me it's been really tough to find a balance, let alone maintain it. My One Little Word this year is "intentional" and I've been working very, well, intentionally at actuating the changes in my life that I've been whining about or wishing for, for years. I hope you're able to establish this balance between living the length and the width in the beginning (like you seem to be!) because it is so much harder 8 years and 3 kids later!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe