spring lists on a friday morning.

Friday, April 04, 2014

even though the past few days here in vegas have brought about a drop in temperatures and fierce winds, it is still spring, and just the thought of t-shirts and sunglasses, jean shorts and flip flops is enough to get me through. summer (especially here in vegas) is just around the corner.

though our winters are mild, there is always a shift when spring comes along. suddenly we spend more time outside, open the windows, clean out the cobwebs both in our homes and our lives, and spend more time with friends and family.

my to-do list is stacking up. most of the items on it are a work in progress, something that i won't have the satisfaction of striking off for some time, but i take comfort in knowing that i'm working towards something. i never have been one to like standing still, waiting on the peripheral of what's next. but this morning... this morning i'm thinking about the here and now.

things that catch my eye.
morning light
green eyes
textures
long, wavy hair
reflections

things i want to purchase, but shouldn't.
white converse shoes
thick gold rings
a rose gold watch
anchorman 2 on dvd
a studio calico handbook
indoor plants

what i want to get better at this year.
spending less
making my bed
washing my face at the end of the day
eating healthier and smarter
patience
not wasting my time

a few songs i could listen to over and over again.
all of me by john legend
undermine from nashville
someone like you by adele
small bump by ed sheeran
radioactive by imagine dragons
talk dirty by jason derulo
i won't give up by jason mraz
neon by john mayer
royals by lorde
the only exception by par amore
angel by jack johnson

food i never tire of.
sushi
pizza
cheese and crackers
oreos
tea

things in my bag.
planner
journal
wallet
two pens
bobby pins and hair elastics
my phone
an empty gum wrapper
chapstick
blush
tide to go pen

places i want to visit.
new zealand
chicago
new york with my hubby
portland, oregon

smells i like.
cinnamon
library books
apple cider
coffee
my husbands t-shirts
the nape of my son's neck
bacon
salmon
campfire

words i love.
epiphany
epitome
hush
honesty
raw
cobbled

xo,
rdg

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. "All Of Me" is on repeat over here! And I'm pretty certain my "things I want to purchase but shouldn't" list would be a mile long :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portland is pretty rad. That's where I grew up. It's not the place for me, not during this season in my life, anyway. But a very rad place, nonetheless.

    And the nape of Madden's neck is one of my favorite smells ever. Every night during bedtime I bury my face there and give him a million little kisses that send him into a fit of giggles. And once he's fallen asleep I creep back in his room and cuddle him once more. Every. Single. Night. Sometimes I feel like a weirdo, but I'm glad I'm not alone ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe