i'm never completely where i'm supposed to be.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014


if you ask me flat out I will always say
that the summer is my favorite time of the year.
but my god, it's too hot here already!
my days are dictated not by how I feel and what I desire
rather: whether I can last more than five minutes outside. 
and DJ, oh how he loves being outdoors! 
(how he cries when it's time to come inside) 

earlier this afternoon we took a walk, the three of us, down the street
and dom told me that his cousin was right, 
that vegas should be covered with some sort of solar blanket
and damn it if that's not the smartest thing I've ever heard

but after this walk I was feeling so sluggish and sweaty
that i've been indoors ever since.
i sent dom out to pick up a carton of eggs
and some french bread that I intend to eat
slathered in oil and vinegar while 
standing up in front of the cutting board.
easy dinners are my favorite,
i know dom won't disagree. 

though not official, summer has crept into town
and all the watermelon and peach iced tea in the world 
won't be enough to cool me down.
i guess i really shouldn't complain
everyone has issues with where they live, right?

right?

happy tuesday night, all.

xo,
rdg

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Ha! Covering Vegas with a solar blanket -- they should try the same thing here in DC. Yesterday was so humid that it was hazy and the air was thick and wet and just tasted...hot. But as horrible as I make it sound, I much prefer DC summers to Portland summers. Portland summers are way too cold. If I have to wear jeans and a hoodie to THE BEACH in the summer and I'm still cold, that's just not right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my issues are usually that it's too cold 90% of the year! but oh I am a whip when it comes to weather that's too hot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too hot weather is so not my thing. We don't have really hot weather a lot but I always wonder how you stay cool.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe