summer lists on a thursday morning.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

the last time i compiled a list like this it was still spring. we weren't yet dashing indoors to avoid the heat. we weren't rushing out the door at 7:30am to go to the park before the temperatures ramped up. we weren't thinking about how to entertain ourselves indoors all day. i wasn't showering twice a day; once in the morning and once before bed, to wash the days stickiness off of my skin.

spring is gone, and summer is in full swing. this morning i'm thinking about the here and now.


things that inspire me.
sunsets
the written word
honesty


my proudest accomplishments.
graduating college
moving to another country for love
my son


things that disappoint me.
selfishness
writers block
missed opportunities to nap
broken sleep
forgotten birthdays
mistrust
people who lack ambition


movies i will never tire of.
the holiday
wedding crashers
crazy stupid love


how i love spending my days.
reading
spending time with my family
paper crafting
drinking coffee
writing in my journal


things currently on my nightstand.
my journal
a mason jar filled with iced coffee
two books
bobby pins
phone charger



things i wish i could forget.
heartbreak
friends disappointing you
missed opportunities



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. "crazy stupid love" is one of my most favorite movies of all time. so perfect, so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have this thing for well-dressed men, too. so i love the fashion in the movie. and heck.. ryan gosling is freaking gorgeous.

      Delete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe