What's Real Right Now

Wednesday, February 11, 2015


      1. I've been doing a great job of not working on my Project Life album until the weekends. Up until the beginning of this year I was printing photos and recording notes all through out the week, which often resulted in too many reprints and rewrites at the end of the week when I just wasn't happy with the outcome. These days, I'm being more patient, and waiting until I have all of my photos from the week together, before printing. It has been making all the difference.

      2. Mamahood is hard, but I've found that it really helps to get over the idea of balance.

      3. I spent January really delving into how I feel about my life and what I can knowingly and easily do to change the not so great things. I'm taking what I've learned and moving forward with intention. Remember my one little word for the year, grow? Well I'm making good on my goals and intentions this year, friends.



      4. I've been going through a cooking slump and simply repeating our favorites over and over. While that's okay for a little while, I need a little more variety. Trying to shake things up this week.

      5. Our house is a mess and I haven't had the energy or desire to do much about it. Cleaning up after a toddler is a never-ending battle. Maybe it's time to practice what I preach and just say screw the mess.

      6. Choosing a capsule wardrobe was one of the best decisions I've made lately. It makes everything so much easier. After this 'season' is over, I'm definitely going to comb through my closet and get rid of a lot of stuff.

      7. Marriage is hard work. Part of my close look into my life also has to do with making sure that my husband and I are always moving forward and growing stronger. Erin said it best when she said: "There is nothing fair about life, and there is nothing fair about love. There is no method or formula to happiness, except to choose – each and every day – to allow yourself the circumstances you are offered. To welcome them and feel them..."

      8. I'm in the process of trying to organize help with DJ after my surgery at the end of next month. My parents are flying out for a visit for DJ's birthday and my mom will be staying a few extras weeks to help out as I will be limited in what I can do with my son. After my mom leaves, I will be relying heavily on my amazing mother in law to pick up the slack.

      9. I've found that one of the best ways to reset my mood and patience is to steal away for an hour, set up shop in a coffee shop, and write or design. I get a short break from parenting and get to flex my creative muscle. I've found that it's really important for myself that I create something every day.

      10. Writing morning pages every day is really helping me to get all the junk and fluff out of my head, leaving room for all the good stuff to pour out of me and into my writing and designs.

      You Might Also Like

      2 comments

      1. Yes to #3. Feeling the same way. Thinking of doing a purging project for Lent. So much extra junk in our lives we don't need to focus on!

        ReplyDelete
      2. Love this- I can relate to so many of them! I am interested in your morning pages. Do you just write about anything/everything? I want to start keeping a journal and writing more. Can you recommend a good journal and pen?

        ReplyDelete

      Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

      Subscribe