Project Life 2015 | Stamping Pt.1

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I used to not like stamping. At all. I thought it made Project Life spreads look too busy. What I didn't realize is that while stamping can sometimes be too much, it's all about how you approach the process that makes the difference.

I'm happy to say that I'm now a stamp convert.

Being on the Kellie Stamps creative team helped a lot, and I've started branching out a little bit using Kelly Purkey stamp products as well.

I have been getting a fair amount of questions about the stamp products I use, so instead of answering everyone separately, I thought it would be a great idea to write up a post about my experiences. So, here we go.


I've discovered that the brand of ink pad I use depends entirely on the type of paper the photos are printed on. For example, I usually print at home, but this time I decided to have my photos printed at Walgreens on glossy paper. I tried stamping on a list from Kelly Purkey using the SC Color Theory ink pad and.... smudge. Not good:

 But, stamping on the same paper with StazOn, and no problems!

In the following example, this photo was printed at home on a semi-glossy paper using the StazOn ink. As you can see, the ink didn't stick to the photo very well.

Then of course, there's card stock. I haven't had any bad experiences with stamping on it.
So to sum things up: when I print my photos at home, I will definitely use the SC Color Theory inks. When sending my photos out to be printed, I will use the StazOn ink.

I hope this helps you guys out!



Stay tuned for Part Two, where I show you how I've been using stamps lately.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I have always been a little scared to ink on my pictures - to afraid I would mess them up. Thanks for the info regarding stazon ink not smudging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally depends on the paper! Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Ooh! I have JUST started stamping too! So excited you're doing this. I look forward to part two. I feel like such a noob.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe