Week in the Life 2015 | My Plan

Thursday, August 13, 2015

 Next week begins a #weekinthelife and while it's only my second year taking part, I definitely know ahead of time what I will be able to keep up with, and what will quickly drive me batty. For one: I need to keep things simple, just like I did last year. Unlike last year, I'm now working full-time so I'm going to simplify things even more this time around.

I've had quite a few people ask me if I'm using Ali's kit and the answer is no, because while the kits are beautiful and definitely make things look amazing and put together, I really don't want my albums to look like everyone elses', ya know?

If you recall, this is what my album looked like last year. You can also see a video overview of it here. This time around I'm not giving the project it's own album, opting instead to include it in my 12x12 project life album. Here's the plan:


Each day will get a 8.5 x 11 insert (these are from We R Memory Keepers), with the morning on the front and the afternoon/evening on the back side. I will likely time stamp each photo. I'll also be using these day of the week envelopes that I've been hoarding for ages in the same slot each day and I'm adding tabs along the side with the day written on them. Instead of typing out all of the notes like I did last year, I'm just going to include those sheets in their own page protector at the end of the week.


Like I did last year I will be sharing my photos and a few thoughts at the end of each day and including a space for you to link me to your daily pages. Also, I will be sharing all of my photos in a flickr album just like I did for Week in the Life 2014.

How many of you are joining in this year? I absolutely love following along with others as they work on their albums, so please comment below and share your pages with me!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am! This is my second year as well. I didn't share photos and words during the week last year, but I want to try this year. I have a better idea of what stories I want to tell and what kind of photos to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your album from last year! I will be trying to play along too this year, but I find it hard to remember to take photos all the time. I'm going to try setting alarms on my phone haha! Hopefully that will work!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe