Week in the Life 2015 | Wednesday Words + Photos

Thursday, August 20, 2015



Number of photos taken today: 53

Last time I took part in this project I remember beginning to feel a little burned out around this time, but I'm feeling great. Documenting the everyday is kind of my jam.

Here's a look at how my Wednesday went.



Shower time. I loved how Ali took a photo of herself like this yesterday and so I did one myself.

Laundry.
 And time to work.

 Snack time and a little podcast listening.


 A run to the grocery store because I need a few things for dinner. Listening to Elise Gets Crafty on the way.




 One of my favorite snacks these days: two eggs over shredded sweet potato and siracha

I was so happy when it came time to pick up DJ from daycare. I miss him so much when he's away at his grandparents.

He turns on the TV and asks for Choo choo.

While I cooked dinner, he played with his apple...
Since Dom was working late, DJ and I ate on our own: asian turkey lettuce wraps.

Dom came home just before bath time, and ate dinner downstairs while I gave DJ a much-needed hair trim.
Then it was time for his breathing treatment, and he actually fell asleep right there.
I put DJ to bed after giving him a little tylenol since he was feeling really warm, and settled down for the night with the hubby. After our late night last night we're both ready to crash early.





Thoughts on today: I'm so happy that DJ is back home from his grandparents. It just doesn't feel write documenting our days without him home with us.

++

I would love for you to share a direct link to your Wednesday words and photos below!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing these inspiring photos, love how you take from different perspectives. May I know what photo editing program do you use? Would love to learn some editing skills from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Lightroom and vsco film to edit

      Delete
    2. Wow! I didnt know VSCO has a version for computer, that's great information! I have been using the app version :) May I know which presets you're using from VSCO flim? They are rather costly I'm not sure which one to commit to (more expensive thatn Radlab!) :) I have already downloaded the free version and trying to play with it. Thanks for any advice!

      Delete
    3. I use a variety but I have them all tweaked to get the final effect. They are expensive, but very worth it in my case (I used to photograph professionally, too, and used them exclusively).

      I actually can't recall the name of the set I bought because I've had it for a few years now...

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful family you have - your son is so adorable. Also, I listen to the same podcast! :) Can't get enough by inspiring podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos! Really captures the day : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you use black and white. Every time I try it, I feel like my photos don't look right. Something seems off. LOVE the photo of your son with the big smile!! He's so cute! Glad you are still feeling good about the project. I'm starting to burnout a little, but I'm hanging in there. It's worth it in the long run! ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! I love the one about snack time and your feet at bedtime in particular. This project has got me addicted to creative selfie's when you're not looking straight at the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to try the eggs over shredded sweet potato and siracha this week. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe