3 things from the past week

Sunday, April 09, 2017

1. It's been interesting, this week, to see how people respond when it comes up in conversation that Dom and I just celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary. We get one of two responses: either a semi-disinterested stare and a barely audible grunt (which I take as a "ha! six years is nothing, just you wait until you've been married as long as me and xyz"); or their face lights up in a way that makes me truly proud to have made it this far already. 

I've been hearing all my life that a lot of marriages fall apart around year seven. I'm happy to say that Dom and I are as happy as we've ever been.

2. Yesterday, I started writing a short story about a woman who can't work on her novels in public without being hit on. It's about love. It's about self-care. It's about personal growth.

It’s nothing amazing yet, but the point is that I'm trying.

3. Just look at this picture, taken this week. I can't even. This last year of motherhood has been really hard, but sometimes we have moments that seem to make it all worth it. Four has been good to us, so far.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe