Around here

Saturday, August 23, 2014


Here's what's been going on around here.

Around here I'm feeling overwhelmed by the new chapter that begins just around the corner. Me back at work and DJ beginning daycare. My mama heart is lighter and heavier at the same time.

Around here I'm wanting to have another cup of coffee, but three before 3pm is probably a little much, don't you think?

Around here I'm trying to picture myself not living in this house anymore, and I simply can't.

Around here I am constantly thinking about how I can ramp up my business.

Around here I'm accepting that I'm in another one of my phases where I simply can't find the time or energy to open a book, no matter how much it saddens me.

Around here I'm loving watching DJ play with all types of cars and trucks, especially the yellow beetle that his papa gave him.

Around here I'm wearing my hair curly more and more, and learning to embrace what I was born with. Yes, that means embracing the frizzy hair days and all.

Around here I'm learning what my breaking points are, and how to gracefully step back from situations and people that are causing me stress or making me unhappy.

Around here I'm absolutely absorbed in Ali's new site.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe