I was going to write about something else but then this happened, so i thought: to hell with it, and hit 'publish'

Thursday, August 07, 2014


As far as writing goes, really writing, it's been a while
and I really don't have anyone to blame but myself.
Each year I feel as though summer has this way
of knocking me off my feet (both in good ways and bad)
and boy did it hit me this season.
My head is as clouded with thoughts as ever and yet
I can't seem to ever get them down on paper.
So they just sit there, all these thoughts and words,
swarming around beneath my skull,
pushing me deeper and deeper into the ground.

I'd love to share my thoughts with you,
if only you would listen,
if only my hands would get to work.

xo,
rdg

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I know this feeling. To me it feels like there is a balloon in my stomach that keeps getting bigger. Sometimes it helps to go on a walk, preferably when it is windy out/on a beach and 'give' my thoughts to the wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wanted to try and get a walk in today but it's too warm already to take my son out in the sun for that long, and tonight I have soccer. Perhaps after my game I will sit outside with the windows rolled down, breathing the fresh air and give my thoughts to the wind, as you said.

      Delete
  2. I can relate in a way, only it's winter here and I think it's just made me realise that I need to take a break from writing on my own blog, and getting book work done and reading all my favourite blogs and catch up on PL etc. So you are not alone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the words are so heavy and just push us around. Sometimes we need them to be heavy so that we recognize the weight. I think you'll be fine from now on.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe