Project Life 2014 | It's time to experiment

Thursday, August 21, 2014


Lately, when it comes to my Project Life spreads - and really creating anything creative - I've been feeling as though I'm in a rut. I'm taking the same photographs each week and telling what appear to be the same stories. I want to be able to look back on these albums years from now and feel as though I truly represented my life at this time, and I don't think I'm doing that justice.

So, what now?

I think it's about time to experiment.

What does this mean? Well, it means I'm going to give myself permission to try something new, or ten new things, if I feel like it. It means I'm going to get messy. It means I'm going to try new products, new designs, new techniques. It means I'm going to open myself up to ideas I had previously pushed aside. It means that, when my printer is going on two days of not communicating with my iMac, I can still create in other ways, without being tied to technology.

It means that, hopefully, I will find new inspiration and motivation to get things back on track. 

It's time to experiment. I am oh-so-ready!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. i'm excited to see your experiments! I kinda feel like I'm always doing the same thing with my photos right now, need to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you'll come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Sista! I'm in a serious rut too and I need to allow myself permission to do something different even if it feels strange and "not me" at first. Gotta mix it up. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe