three years in las vegas

Thursday, January 23, 2014


It didn't occur to me until late last night while turning out the lights that it has been three years since I moved to Las Vegas. Three. years. 

Last year I had a lot to say. On my first anniversary I also found words.

This year, I'm at a loss as to what to say.

It's been an adventure, Las Vegas. You make me happy in so many ways (hellllooo, my friends and family back home are FREEZING THEIR BUMS OFF this time of the year, whereas I haven't really worn a jacket for over two weeks), and you also make me hurt (all my friends and family left behind).

Still, here I am, building a life in one of the last places I ever, ever imagined planting roots. Just goes to show you that life can change direction at any moment!

Happy third anniversary Vegas. We'll see where the next year takes us.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Me and my new husband will be honeymooning in your city in two weeks!! Needless to say, we are super excited :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so exciting! what do you have planned?

      Delete
    2. A couple days in downtown, a couple days at MGM, going to see KA and a couple comedy shows...lots of dinners out Ellis Island, Dicks, Buffets at Paris, Rio, the Flamingo...

      Delete
  2. Yay, how exciting. Happy 3 years to you and Vegas x

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe