My Whole30 adventure begins.

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

I'm doing something for me, something that I have wanted to do for a long time, but haven't had the gumption to actually try. I'm doing a Whole 30, as of yesterday.

Anytime I mention this to people, I get the same response: "You don't need to lose weight!" Well, no, I don't. I'm actually at my ideal weight right now. For me, taking on Whole 30 isn't about weight loss. More than anything, it's about curiosity. I want to know if what they're all saying is true: that I'll have more energy (helloooooo, I'm tired ALL.THE.TIME), that I will experience less digestive issues, that my skin will look and feel better... that I will feel better all around.

I'm not going to go into plan specifics right now, I simply wanted to let you all know what I'm up to. Why? If I voice my plans out loud, then I'm more accountable. Peer pressure man, in this case, it can be useful.

Off to the races, friends!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. This is so fun to read. I follow your blog for the excellent project life inspiration, but I happen to be a nutritional therapist and I love the Whole30 (started my 5th one yesterday). It's always fun when worlds collide. I have tons of menu plans and tips for doing the Whole30 on my blog, if you're interested. Good luck, I'm looking forward to updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a Whole30 in October, and though it was tough, I love everything it taught me.
    I'm excited to hear your story :) Good luck! And keep at it, even when it gets tough. It's totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your project! (Don't know what it is exactly, off to find out.) Hope you enjoy doing something for yourself and the effects you expect work out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I don't entirely agree with this program (or other ones like it, like the Whole Life Challenge) AT ALL, I do love that you're doing something for yourself that you're passionate about and that excites you. I know how much you've been searching for that boost (aren't we all?), and I think that this is a great step toward achieving what you're after this year.

    Just...be smart and safe with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year, Rachel! I don't know anything about this, but my friend Ruthy and her husband just finished it. She blogged about it over at www.discoverystreet.com and she had a post in particular I thought was interesting about the staples she had at home during the challenge. Might be helpful... xoxo | http://discoverystreet.net/2014/12/whole30-staples.html

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. This is a place for positivity, inspiration, + constructive criticism. Comments are moderated. Those that are deemed inappropriate, including general or self-promotional spam, untruths, offensive or harassing statements, profanity or comments unrelated to the post will be deleted.

Subscribe